Fourth of July is just around the corner, so we thought we would find some simple go-to ideas to make your soiree the best little party it can be.
Take a look at this picture gallery from HGTV that they call “Simply Chic Fourth of July Entertaining Ideas.” They have used the red, white, and blue decor in a new way. Most of these ideas you can use for any other outdoor party you might host this summer as well.
Here are a few HGTV favorites that we featured:
1. We are especially fond of the way they displayed the dessert. Easily serve your dessert outdoors in a simple basket decorated for the Fourth. Place floral foam in the basket to serve sweets on sticks, which can double as a table centerpiece.
2. Think of cold beverages as a decorating opportunity. Chill berry-flavored bottled juices or sodas in metal tubs filled with ice; you’ll not only keep guests cool but also sneak in a few extra red, white and blue touches to carry the party’s patriotic theme.
3. With the harsh summer heat and intense rays of the sun in full effect, it’s important your Fourth of July guests remain hydrated and UV-protected. Keep outdoor essentials nearby with a supply station stylishly stocked with rolled towels, sunblock and ice-cold water.
4. Add a little romance to your Independence Day with a red, white and blue picnic. For a true designer look, introduce a mixture of patterns and textures through floor pillows, toss pillows and blankets. To delineate a portion of your picnic area as a serving space, layer a contrasting bath mat or small area rug in the center, then utilize the surrounding space for lounging.
5. Kids and adults alike will love playing with party crackers filled with their favorite treats. Make your own using toilet paper tubes, glue and crepe paper.
See the entire gallery of party ideas at HGTV.More Home & Fashion Stories