3 Deaths Linked to Blue Bell Product

The CDC reports that five people in Kansas were infected with one of four strains of listeriosis, believed to be contracted from consuming a Blue Bell brand ice cream product.

“All five people were hospitalized at the same hospital for unrelated problems before developing invasive listeriosis—a finding that strongly suggests their infections were acquired in the hospital. Three deaths were reported among these five patients.”

Four of these patients consumed Blue Bell’s “Scoops” while in the hospital.

The CDC reports that the affected products include: Scoops, Chocolate Chip Country Cookie Sandwiches, and Great Divide Bars.

Blue Bell Creameries pulled these products from the market; however, many people may have these items in their freezer. The CDC recommends that you do not eat any of these products

Symptoms of listeriosis are: fever, muscle aches, sometimes preceded by diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms.

A detailed list of products to avoid is available here.

 

Previous articleVols’ Dobbs knows His Pi
Next articleState Crown on the Line for Bruins
Andrea has always loved the written word. She holds a B.A. in Journalism and a Masters in Creative Writing, both from Belmont University. Both sides of her family have lived in Williamson County for generations, so writing for Williamson Source is the perfect fit. She loves to hear stories of what Williamson County was like when her parents and grandparents were young and to write about this ever evolving county is truly special for her.