In the 1950s – 1980s there were several disasters that impacted Nolensville. The first was in January 1953 when fires destroyed five buildings and damaged three others before three fire departments brought the blazes under control with the use of Mill Creek as the only source of water.
In December 1968, fire struck again with three buildings being destroyed. Fire engines from Franklin, Nashville, Smyrna, LaVergne, College Grove, and Brentwood came to the rescue, again using Mill Creek as the water source.
1979 saw Mill Creek flood into the Nolensville Trailer Park and homes north of Nolensville and in 1984 floodwaters covered the highway and lots from the Recreation Center to the Davidson County line, causing Nolensville Road to close. Storms with area tornado warnings dropped nine inches of rain on the countryside. Flooding at the Nolensville Elementary School causing 200 students to be transferred to the Nolensville United Methodist Church.