5. 55 South
403 Main St
Located in historic downtown Franklin, 55 South offers inventive brunch dishes and cocktails that will have you coming back for more.
5 Dishes to Try for Brunch:
- The Cure – 55 Surf & Turf (open faced roast beef sandwich topped with garlic bay shrimp, green onions, 2 fried eggs with breakfast potatoes)
- Huevos Rancheros (2 eggs poached in salsa de arbol, served on black bean tostadas topped with avocado, pico de gallo, cheese)
- Cinnamon Roll Pain Perdu “Lost Bread” (French bread French toast topped with traditional glaze, bacon on the side)
- Bloody Mary Bar (build your own Bloody Mary! Spicy, sweet, or just tomato)
- Eggs Saint Louis (English muffin topped with poached eggs, sauteed crabmeat, asparagus & hollandaise sauce)
What Makes 55 South Special
55 South refers to the interstate that connects Memphis and New Orleans. Chef Jason McConnell has brought the cuisine you’ll find traveling down that road to downtown Franklin. The dining room has rustic Southern charm with weathered wood and reclaimed materials.