Properly caring for your vinyl floor can help extend its life and preserve its appearance. Vinyl is an extremely durable floor and there is little cause for concern when it comes to spills, spots, or scuffs from shoes. It is recommended to wait at least three days after installation before cleaning your vinyl floor for the first time to make sure the adhesive under the floor is completely dry.
What to do:
- Do sweep your vinyl floor at least once per week.
- Do wipe up any spills promptly.
- Do occasionally mop with a manufacturer approved household cleaner.
- Do support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors.
What not to do:
- Do not use soaps or detergents as these will leave a dulling film on the surface of your vinyl floor.
- Do not walk on your vinyl floor after mopping – vinyl can become very slippery.
- Do not use any cleaning methods that are not mentioned within the manufacturer label in order to maintain your manufacturer warranty.
This article is brought to you by McCall’s Carpet One.
McCall’s Carpet One is Franklin’s locally-owned carpet, flooring & tile center with free estimates and local installation of carpet, hardwood flooring, kitchen and bath tile – plus furniture and appliances by DT McCall’s in the back! Everything home, all in one place – all at great, low prices!
Visit McCall’s low-budget showroom on Franklin Rd next to The Factory in Franklin, or click for a free in-home estimate.